There are 3 Tripal-related events at PAG this January:
1. Hackathon and User Meeting, Jan 11 & 12, 9:00-4:30,
Esquire Garden Salon 1
2. Tripal Workshop, Jan 14, 4:00-6:10, California
3. GMOD Workshop, Jan 17, 10:30-2:00, Pacific Salon 4-5
Agenda for Tripal User's Meeting 1/12/2019:
Zoom for module development:
Meeting ID: 345237209
1. We will again be holding the Tripal Hackathon before PAG, from 9:00-4:30 on Thursday, Jan 11 and the User Meeting on Friday, Jan 12. We will be meeting at the Town & Country Hotel, in the
Esquire Garden Salon I room (see hotel map: http://www.mobilemaplets.com/showplace/3170). We will also schedule a group dinner on Thursday night.
If you are planning to attend, please add your name to this google doc. We are also soliciting feedback from the community on any topics or break out groups you would like to see.
2. The Tripal workshop will be Sunday, Jan 14, from 4:00pm to 6:10pm in the California room. We have a great line up of speakers:
Yi Zheng: "Cucurbit Genomics Database: Integration Genetic and Genomics Resources for Cucurbit Breeding"
Dorrie Main: "Updates on Tripal Mapviewer and the Tripal Breeding Information Management System (BIMS)"
Stephen Ficklin: "The Tripal Gateway Project: Supporting Exchange, Transfer and Analysis of Large-Scale Data for Online Biological Databases"
Nic Herndon: "Tripal Extensions Facilitate Association Mapping Studies on Forest Trees with CartograTree
Abdullah Almsaeed: "Tripal Elasticsearch: Bringing Simple and Powerful Sitewide Search to Tripal Websites"
Sheri Sanders: "National Center for Genome Analysis Support (NCGAS) use and development of Tripal Genome Browsers on XSEDE’s Jetstream"
Alicia Talavera: "An Open and Community Oriented Web Portal for Subtropical Fruit Trees Genomic, Phenotype and Breeding Data Analysis"
3. Tripal will also be represented at the GMOD workshop, Wednesday, Jan 17, 10:30-2:00.
We had very low interest in a tutorial on Tripal install and basic site development training, so we have cancelled the tutorial. If anyone wants to work with a Tripal developer to do an online training, please email Meg Staton (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we'll set something up.